Doctor Greens Omega3 Mercury SAFE Fish Oil

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Discipline - You Must Master This

"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments." —Jim Rohn

Today we are going to talk about discipline. This is something I learn practicing Karate. When ever I am learning a new technique, I must practice it over and over again many times before I master it. While I am learning the technique I make mistakes. But, I am disciplined to know that it's part of my progress in learning the technique.

I can never be shown the technique and then perform it with perfection the very first time I try it. Just like in life, you must have the discipline to learn or do something over and over until you master it. Because, you need to realize your not going to do it right the very first time. When your not doing right, you must realize what your doing wrong and change it. You must constantly be changing and adapting to get it right. But, once you get it right, you'll know it. You'll feel it.

Many people will try to do something once, maybe twice and quit. They quit, because they don't get the results they want after a couple of times. That's pretty sad, because each time they try, they are going to get better and better every time, until they eventually get it. If I tried a new technique in Karate once or twice and then quit because I can't get it right, I would never get ahead. I know I must do the technique over and over and over again before I get it.

So, the bottom line here is that whatever your dream or goal is, you need to keep trying to get it accomplished, always be aware of what is not working and change it and keep trying until you get it right. Always realize that it could take 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 or more times to get it right. Never try to accomplish your goal once and just quit. If you have the discipline to keep trying you will eventually get it.

Think of your goal as a Karate technique that you must practice over and over again until it is done right.

Until next time, always be aware of the decisions you make that shape your destiny.

No comments: