Doctor Greens Omega3 Mercury SAFE Fish Oil

Saturday, February 2, 2008

"I don't care how much power, brilliance, or energy you have, if you don't harness it and focus it on a specific target, and hold it there, you're never going to accomplish as much as your ability warrants." — Zig Ziglar

Good Morning,

One of the biggest obstacles you face, that comes to be in the way of you achieve a lot of your goals is, simply PROCRASTANATION !!!

Everyone has the power within yourselves to accomplish some great things. But, procrastination leads us to just being armchair dreamers. It's easy to sit there and think of great things your going to accomplish. But, you have to conquer procrastination to accomplish anything.

Accomplishing anything means to take ACTION !! You must move and move consistently in the direction of your goal. When you procrastinate, it's like sitting in your car on the side of the highway, not going anywhere. Your car might be out of gas. But, if it is just sitting there and you don't give it gas, that's where it's going to stay.

Whatever goal you have in mind that you want to achieve, the greatest steps you can take to achieve that goal is to, simply be committed to doing at least one thing everyday that will bring you closer to your goal. That could mean one day doing research about your goal, the next day, you put your whole plan on paper, the next day, you go out and join something that will help you in reaching your goal. Whatever it is, commit to taking some kind of action every single day, whether it's a small step or big step. If you take some kind of action everyday towards your goal your more likely to achieve it more than if you just sat there and thought about it.

Let me give one of my real life examples. I was a successful manager at a store. My goal was to grow my customer base. That's probably a goal that every store has. I could of just had me and my staff doing all the normal company marketing tactics. But, I wanted my store to be different and grow to be one of the biggest store in the company. I want me and my team to stand out. I brainstormed and came up with a simple formula, but one that know other store was really doing. It was not part of the company marketing plan and doing it, meant that I had to take some extra action to achieve. I simply came up with a plan to go out and knock on doors and introduce myself as the manager and let them know a little bit about my store and how I can help them in the future. I also gave them a coupon, so when they needed me, they could use it anytime.

Now, this was going over and beyond what any other store was doing. But, in the beginning, I was a little nervous about it, because I didn't know how it was going to turn out. I actually procrastinated a couple of weeks. I didn't do anything. One day I decided to take action, kick the procrastination and get out there and do it. I decided my goal everyday, would be to actually talk to 5 potential customer every day, just 5. If I knocked on the door and know one answered, I would leave one of my stores door hangers on the door.

So, I might leave a door hanger on the first three doors, talk to someone, then leave five door hangers, talk to someone and so on, until I talked to at least 5. I noticed when I would be talking to people, some of them would start to ask me questions about certain products. That opened the door towards a purchase. Now, my whole goal of going out there was not to be pushy or sell anything. I just wanted to introduce myself and let them know my store was there to help them if they ever needed anything. I always had order forms, brochures, our full line catalog, just in case someone was interested.

Guess what happened when I started taking this action everyday? You guessed it, my store did grow to be one of the biggest and most successful stores in the company. Talking to just 5 people everyday, on a consistent basis, snowballed into more customers than I could have imagined if I did not take that action. It was so successful and it didn't take me very long to go out and talk to just five people a day, I upped it to ten a day. It took me only about an hour of knocking on doors to talk to ten people. That's it, one hour.

So you must realize, that when your stop procrastinating, and take some kind of action, you get a ripple effect. Taking action will produce some kind of reaction. It has to. It's a law of nature. Take a positive action, get a positive reaction. And, on the other hand, take a negative action, get a negative reaction. So, get out there and take positive action towards your goal and you will produce a reaction.

Until next time, always be aware of your decisions that shape your destiny!

No comments: