Doctor Greens Omega3 Mercury SAFE Fish Oil

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"The best of us must sometimes eat our words."(From Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets) — J. K. Rowling

Good Morning,

Today we are going to discuss your vocabulary. The words you use in your everyday life have meaning and power. Your words can make people feel hurt, sad, happy, mad, scared and much more.

The words you choose can change your state of mind. If your feeling angry about something. You could change your state by substituting a weird sounding word that means the same. Most of would tell the person we are angry with, "I'm angry at you for doing ????". But, to change your state from being very angry to a much lighter anger, you might rephrase what you say too something like this, " I'm HUFFY at you for doing ????". I know if I said this, it would definitely change my state, I might even laugh. It would change the other persons state too.

Can you imagine, if your fighting with your spouse about something and you phrased your anger in that way. You probably would both laugh and be able to communicate more productively. Because responding in anger usually gets a response in anger and just escalates and then you don't talk to each other for hours or maybe even days. And it's usually about something stupid.

When your talking to yourself, you can use different words to put you in different states. You need to realize that the words you use are very powerful. So, my challenge to you is to learn and expand your vocabulary, so you have an extensive list of words. That best way to do this, is to learn a word a day or look up an emotional word each day. Here is an example from a Thesaurus for the word angry:

Main Entry: angry
Definition: mad
Synonyms:
affronted, annoyed, antagonized, bitter, chafed, choleric, convulsed, cross, displeased, enraged, exacerbated, exasperated, ferocious, fierce, fiery, fuming, furious, galled, hateful, heated, hot, huffy, ill-tempered, impassioned, incensed, indignant, inflamed, infuriated, irascible, irate, ireful, irritable, irritated, maddened, nettled, offended, outraged, passionate, piqued, provoked, raging, resentful, riled, sore, splenetic, storming, sulky, sullen, tumultuous, turbulent, uptight, vexed, wrathful

My wife was angry with me the other day, and I said to her, "Honey, I understand your convulsed at me." As soon as I said it, her state changed. She laughed and asked what I was talking about. So choose your words carefully. To change someone from angry to all most laughing, use the weirdest word you can find. If someone is sad, use the funniest word you can find to make them laugh. Example: Instead of, "I know your sad about ?????", use, "I know your
woebegone about ????." Woebegone means sad, but it will surely make you and the other person laugh. And if you can laugh, you cannot be sad. So expand your words and expand your life.

So, until next time, always be aware of your "oracles" (decisions) that shape your ultimate "divine decree" (destiny) !! Ha, Ha, that sounds funny!

No comments: