Doctor Greens Omega3 Mercury SAFE Fish Oil

Friday, January 18, 2008

Finding Your Life's Purpose

"A person's main task in life is to give birth to oneself." — Erich Fromm

Good Morning,

Today we are going to discuss finding your purpose in life. Most people want to live a life were they contributed something to make a better world for everyone else. They want to make a difference. They want to be well known. They want to find there true purpose.

I found my true purpose in helping people, young and old. I travel around the country giving motivational speeches to our young people in junior and high schools. I do not charge any money for doing this. So, I volunteer my time to go and speak. I touch peoples lives. I speak to them about motivation, goal setting, making sure they understand that they are in control of there decisions when it comes to drugs or alcohol. I believe I make a difference in many of there lives. I'm happy making a positive impact on our young people.

I'm successful, because even though I volunteer my time and make great impacts on young people, I've learned that giving is receiving. I become known for what I do, I'm promoting my self when I speak. When you make your lives purpose to give, to help other people, you will get noticed and you can actually build a career around it. Maybe you can start an organization which helps people in some way. Starting out small will lead to becoming big. Look at some biographies of some well known people who got were they are today, all because they started out giving. Then built a career around it. For example, John Walsh. He's known for speaking at different events and hosting the T.V. show, Americas Most Wanted. But, do you know how he got to were he is today?

Sadly, his career started when his little boy got abducted, later found dead. But, he used that terrible thing that happened in a positive way. He started taking a positive action to help other parents. He did not want what happened to him to happen to anyone else. He had a deep passion about it.

You can think of different organizations that started the same way. D.A.D.D. (Dads Against Drunk Drivers). A father started this organization when a drunk driver killed one of his children.
You can have the same outcomes in your life if you choose to be passionate about a cause and go out there and volunteer your time in making a difference. This won't work unless you are really passionate about a certain cause and really want to make a difference. Don't wait to have a passion about something when something bad happens in your life, like the couple of examples above. Find the one thing you can really care about and start working to make a difference.

When you do that, your purpose in life will be revealed and you will be happy.

Until next time, always be aware of your decisions that shape your destiny!

No comments: